What Is the Wyze Camera?
The Wyze Camera is an award-winning camera from Wyze Labs and is currently on its second iteration (V2). It is an affordable, cube-shaped camera that is a miniature 2.2 x 1.9 x 1.9 inches in size.
A hinged base swivels to adjust as much as one inch in height, and a magnetic base attaches to any metal surface. For non-metal necessities, an adhesive strip is included.
The Wyze Cam’s CMOS sensor enables 1080p video at 15 frames per second. Two-way audio is provided by the camera’s microphone and speaker that includes an amplifier.
A Wyze Cam features a microSD card slot and a setup button to pair the camera with the downloadable app. It has a power input and USB port capable of powering two adapters. The camera’s motion and sound sensors provide notifications to your phone and send you short videos when a recording is triggered. The camera can also detect smoke alarms and send correlating notifications to your smart phone.
The V2 iteration of the Wyze product comes in a white body with a matte finish. Its dimensions are 56 mm x 50mm x 50 mm with a total weight of 100 g (3.53 ounces).
It features a Type-A USB port as well as one micro USB port. The camera uses a magnetic mounting option with adhesive alternatives. The camera has 128 MB of memory. It features 1920 x 1080 (1080p) resolution. The lens have an F2.0 aperture and a 2.8 mm focal length with an 8x zoom. The lens’ field of view is 110 degrees.
Daytime video is captures at 15 fps and night video is viewed at 10 fps. Four infrared LEDs with IR cut filter can illuminate nine meters for black and white night vision.
- Pan, tilt, and zoom (PTZ) lets you control Wyze Cam Pan remotely using the Wyze app so you can see every angle of your room while you’re away, on demand. Or, have Wyze Cam Pan monitor your room automatically with the Pan Scan feature by setting 4 predefined waypoints. Panning has a 360° left/right rotation range and tilting has a 93° vertical up/down range.
- Live Stream from Anywhere in 1080p - 1080p Full HD live streaming lets you see inside your home from anywhere in real time using your mobile device. While live streaming, use two-way audio to speak with your friends and family through the Wyze app.
- Motion/Sound Recording - Wyze Cam Pan can automatically record a 12-second video clip when motion or sound is detected. Mobile push notifications can be enabled so you’re only alerted when something is detected letting you stay on top of things without having to constantly monitor the app. Or, record continuously to a MicroSD card (sold separately) regardless of motion and sound. Compatible with 8GB, 16GB, or 32GB FAT32 MicroSD cards.
- See in the dark - Night vision lets you see up to 30’ in absolute darkness using 6 infrared (IR) LEDs. Note: IR does not work through glass windows.
- Voice Controlled? You got it! - Works with Alexa and Google Assistant (US only) so you can use your voice to see who’s at your front door, how your baby’s doing, or if your 3D printer has finished printing. Wyze Cam Pan is only compatible with the 2. 4GHz WiFi network (does not support 5GHz Wi-Fi) and Apple (iOS) and Android mobile devices.
Ease of Use
The Wyze Cam relies on its mobile app to provide a user-friendly experience. Users are taken to a device screen that lets them monitor all cameras currently installed. Simple taps on camera images and icons allow you to choose live video, full-screen mode, and other features, such as recording, taking photos, and adjusting sound.
After downloading the app, open it and create your account. Under “Add New Device” simply follow the instructions to add your Wyze Cam. A computerized voice is even available to guide you along the way.
The Wyze Cam’s CMOS sensor enables 1080p video with a top-end 15 fps.
Two-way audio is provided by the camera’s microphone and speaker with an amplifier included.
Two weeks’ worth of recordings are stored for free in the cloud, and older clips are overwritten after 14 days. You can also store videos on your own SD card. You can also view live streaming video, create time lapse videos, and capture snapshots.
During installation, the computerized voice guide will tell you it is time to select a Wi-Fi option. The app will allow your phone to scan a QR code. It takes about a half minute for the camera to confirm it is connected to your Wi-Fi.
The Wyze Cam comes with a limited one-year warranty.
- Small and versatile
- Quality video at 1080p
- Motion-triggered and sound-triggered security options
- Free 14-day cloud storage plus local options
- Motion tracking
- There is no automatic rebooting process when Wi-Fi is lost
- Lacks outdoor weather resistance
Logitech Circle 2
- CIRCLE 2 WIRED is an easy to install, Wi-Fi connected home security camera that records when motion is detected and stores the footage in your secure, private cloud and works with Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit and The Google Assistant
- DON’T JUST TAKE OUR WORD FOR IT, we’re Wirecutter's pick: “Best Wi-Fi camera for daily use”, Gizmodo said we’re “The Best Security Camera for Most People” and Business Insider says: “Circle 2 is the best security camera you can buy for your home”
- FULL HD WIDE-ANGLE VIDEO WITH NIGHT VISION lets you capture the really big picture with 180-degree wide-angle lens, full 1080p HD video day or night, with night vision that’s visible up to 15-feet
- FREE 24-HOUR SECURE CLOUD STORAGE - Stores motion based videos up to 24-hours in your own private cloud for free, secured using bank level encryption.Fully encrypted with TLS / AES / HTTPS
- FREE SMART ALERTS WITH SNAPSHOTS - Get mobile app notifications with a thumbnail image of the motion detected, to "see" what's happening at home without opening the app
Like the Wyze, the Logitech Circle 2 is a camera on its second iteration. The camera is available in wired and wireless models. It can be used for indoor and outdoor use with a 180-degree field of view. The camera also offers an easy-to-use app, indoor and outdoor use, motion-triggered video, and many other features.
The Logitech Circle 2 is available individually or in a package. The package includes two wireless cameras and one wired Logitech Circle 2. The camera is shaped like a three-inch cube with a 2.8-inch diameter. A 1080p camera produces 30 fps video, about twice the fps of the Wyze, to go along with its substantially wider field of view. It also offers 15 feet of night-vision shooting from one LED light.
The lithium-ion battery will last up to three months. The camera offers a power jack with a gasket cover, an area for the wall mount, and the ability to mount to a tripod. A flat bottom allows you to simply set the camera on a flat surface.
A dual-core processor uses 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequency bands to connect to a router. A speaker and microphone are built in for two-way audio, and motion sensors can trigger the camera to begin recording. However, it does not have audio-triggered features like the Wyze. The camera supports Alexa and Google Assistant.
Ease of Use
A mobile app is available for your smart phone or tablet that lets users access a web console. The web opens in landscape view, and a simple tap of the screen begins live streaming. Timestamp features help you find previously recorded footage, and time-lapse options are available by accessing Day Brief bubbles.
To install, simply download the app and plug in your Logitech Circle 2 camera. The setup option will let you name your camera, make a password, and connect, all within seconds. You can create your own account using your email address.
The Logitech Circle 2 produces 1080p high definition videos at 30 fps with a 180-degree field of view.
The camera system has a built-in speaker and microphone for two-way talk. However, the audio cannot start automatic recording.
The Logitech Circle 2 lacks local storage, though you do get free access to the previous 24 hours of footage as well as an available storage plan for a fee.
The Logitech Circle 2 features high speed Wi-Fi at 2.4GHz or 5.0GHz.
This product comes with a limited one-year warranty.
- Weatherproof with indoor and outdoor use
- Choose between wireless or wired
- 180-degree wide view
- Alexa and Google Assistant
- Three-month battery less than some competitors
- No audio- triggered recording
- No local storage and fees for additional storage
Arlo Pro 2
- 100 percent wire free: Free of power cords and wiring hassles
- 1080p HD high quality video with sharper and brighter details
- Flexible powering options use wire free, plugged in. Rechargeable battery
- Weatherproof Pro cameras are weatherproof so you can place them anywhere indoors and out
- 7 days of free cloud recordings pro comes with recurring 7 days free cloud recordings. Live stream or view recorded video and audio for up to 7 days
The Arlo Pro 2 camera is an outdoor security system featuring high-end video quality and countless features. With motion and sound detection, geofencing, smart-home compatibility, and other perks, it remains easy to use.
The camera is available individually or in a two-pack or four-pack kit. Kits come with a base station, rechargeable batteries power adapter, cable, wall mounts and hardware, and an Ethernet cable.
The Arlo Pro 2 camera produces 1080p video and is compatible with Alexa voice commands. A Look Back feature lets users view what happened moments before the event that triggered a sound or motion recording.
A sync button is available for connecting cameras, and a pair of USB ports are also found on the camera as well as a LAN port and a reset button. Activity Zones are areas that can be designated for motion-triggered recording; motion outside the Activity Zones will not commence recording. Activity Zones can only be used when the camera is plugged into an AC power source.
Ease of Use
Users can manipulate the camera by the downloadable app or through a web browser. A home screen gives you access to the installed cameras and notes batter level, signal strength, and the status of any motion or sound that has been detected. A settings screen lets you adjust any preferences, and a play button gives you quick access to live streaming video.
To download the Arlo Pro 2 download the app and create your account. The LAN cable that comes with your purchase can be used to attach your base station to the router. Once connected, the Add Device feature can be used to finish installation.
Video on the Arlo Pro 2 is recorded at 1080p video covering a 130-degree field of view. It uses infrared LED lights for 25 feet of night vision recording in black and white. It also has an 8x digital zoom.
A built-in speaker and microphone provides two-way audio communication.
The camera’s free subscription includes seven days’ worth of storage. Storage of more than seven days is available for a rate depending on the storage capacity. You can store up to 30 days worth of footage. The camera only records when motion or sound is detected. Larger recording periods, up to 24/7 coverage, is available by paid subscription.
Internet connection requires a hub for wireless network connection. The hub is included.
The Arlo Pro 2 comes with a limited one-year warranty.
- Weatherproof outdoor use
- High-quality 1080p video
- Rechargeable batteries with six-month life
- Some features only work when plugged into AC power
- Extended storage and other features require fees
Xiaomi Mi Home Security Camera
- 【Rich Clear View】Mi security camera provides incredibly smooth 1080P HD to capture clear images. 130° ultra-wide-angle lens reduces dead zones
- 【Secure and Reliable Connection】2. 4G/5G WiFi supports for a secure and reliable connection, even on more congested networks. Splitting your home products to different bands enhances overall data transmission on all the devices in your home
- 【Privacy protection】equipped with a built-in Bluetooth chip. If family members do not want to be recorded by the camera, you can calibrate the camera to automatically hibernate when it detects your iPhones nearby
- 【Advanced Night Vision】8 large-sized 940nm infrared lights enable an effective night vision at up to 10m without impacting a restful sleep
- 【Smart and Versatile】Offers intelligent motion detection and supports two-way voice communication. Mi home app allows you to customize your settings according to your preferences
The Xiaomi Mi Home Security Camera is an affordable security camera that boasts 1080p high definition video with a 130-degree wide-angle lens. Infrared lights provide 10 meters of night vision.
Dual core processors support Wi-Fi on 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands that is reliable and consistent. Users can designate their products to different bands. The Xiaomi Mi Home Security Camera also has built-in Bluetooth technology.
The camera can detect individual smart phones in order to refrain from recording family members or designated individuals. Motion detection otherwise triggers automatic recording, and speakers and microphones support two-way audio.
Ease of Use
Users manipulate all camera settings through the Mi Home App. The app allows you to choose your own preferences and designate settings.
The camera comes with an app connection guide as well as video instructions to help you install and launch your camera.
The Mi Home Security Camera offers HD 1080p video at 20 frames per second. The image quality is crisp and can be viewed on your smart phone or tablet.
The camera does not have sound-activated recording, but it does offer two-way voice communication.
The camera stores footage locally, so no cloud storage is necessary and no fees need to be incurred.
During installation, users can select their Wi-Fi SSID and password verification. The MI camera scans the QR code on your smart phone to connect to the network.
The product comes with a limited one-year warranty.
- Low budget
- User-friendly installation and use
- Quality 1080p video
- Local storage
- No sound-activated recording
- No interaction with smart devices
The Wyze Cam V2 is a small camera at an affordable budget, and we felt the camera was a great value for the money. Its 1080p video footage is on par with cameras that cost hundreds more, and there are very few needs that the Wyze cannot fill. Yes, it is a primarily indoor camera, but for any indoor need, we believe most users will be very happy with this product.